AB-INITIO AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER COURSE
FLY LEVEL started to train Air Traffic Controllers in 2012, by launching the first initial air traffic controller training course. In this way, we became the first and the only private Approved Training Organisation for Air Traffic Controllers in Romania.
What is an Air Traffic Controller?
Air traffic controllers are people that are trained to coordinate the safe, efficient and orderly movement of aircraft on the ground, at airports and within an assigned airspace. Air traffic controllers must be able to effectively perform different duties for different airplanes at the same time, and they must be able to do so without compromising the quality of their work. Those who become air traffic controllers have excellent decision-making, problem solving, communication, and multi-tasking skills. They are typically individuals who are able to endure large amounts of stress, and they are able to concentrate when there are a lot of things happening around them.
After successfully completing the Initial Air Traffic Controller Training (Basic Course + at least one Rating Course) the candidates can apply for the Student Air Traffic Controller License. ATCO licences are issued by the Civil Aviation Authorities following completion of the appropriate approved initial training courses, examinations and assessments. Holders of the Student Air Traffic Controller Licenses can apply to appropriate Air Navigation Services Providers as Air Traffic Controllers.
Course Quality: The Initial ATC training organised by FLY LEVEL is approved by the Romanian Civil Aeronautical Authority and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Moldova in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No. 805/2011 and ICAO standards. It is internationally recognised and accepted by all European Aviation Safety Agency member states and all states which recognise and accept EASA and ICAO provisions and regulations.
The candidates should meet certain requirements in order to apply for the Initial Air Traffic Controller course:
- ✈ Over 18 years old
- ✈ Proficiency in English language
- ✈ Physical and mental fitness - European Class 3 medical certificate
Documents required for Enrolment:
- Registration form
- Copy of the Identity Card/Passport
- Medical Certificate Class 3
- Valid Criminal Record Certificate
- Copy of the High School Diploma or of the latest Graduate Diploma
- 1 passport-size photo (both printed and electronic copy)
International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has established minimum level of English proficiency level that Air Traffic Controllers must meet.
Prior to applying for the Student Air Traffic Controller Licence the applicant must have demonstrated English language proficiency to at least level 4 standard prescribed by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
The initial training provided by FLY LEVEL is made up of:
- basic course (theory, 12 weeks) and
- rating course (theory + simulation ADI-TWR, APP, APS-RAD, ACS-RAD or combinations, between 7-12 weeks).
- - Aerodrome Control Instrument with Tower Control (ADI-TWR)
- - Approach Control Procedural (APP)
- - Approach Control Surveillance with Radar (APS-RAD)
- - Area Control Surveillance with Radar (ACS-RAD
Course Location, Duration
Course location: Bucharest (Romania)
Initial training duration:
- basic course (12 weeks), and
- rating courses (ADI-TWR, APP, APS-RAD, ACS-RAD: between 7-12 weeks each).
Course program: 6h/day, 5 days/week.